Friday, April 20, 2007

Thank You Islanders.

To The New York Islanders,

I want to thank you from the bottom of my orange and blue heart for the past season. I want to thank each player, coach, and everyone else for a fun and exciting season. When the clock ticked down to the final seconds today and it hit me that I won't be watching you guys again until October I thought I would have the same reaction I had after every season, sadness and a feeling of emptiness. Strangely enough, I feel much better then I could have predicted. I realized it is because this team had a certain something about it. I attended a personal record 25 games this year, I do not have season tickets but I go to as many games as I can afford. I was there for some extreme highs (Rangers) and extreme lows (Rangers). I was there for shutouts, shootouts, and blowouts. And if i knew the outcome of this season, I would do it all over again. Because each and every player deserved to wear this jersey. From Smitty to Dubie, everybody made personal sacrifices to make this season worth every penny, whether it was taking a Chara bomb off the foot, or playing the Sabrefs with a separated shoulder. I know we are all disappointed in this seasons end and that change is obviously inevitable but I want you to thank you all and I can't wait for 07-08. Oh yeah, Ted Nolan is a Giant among mere men. WERE ALL ISLANDERS



Ill have an off season preview soon, thanks for reading.

No comments: